Sunday, September 11, 2011

Le Napoleon Cafe - Irvine, CA : Macarons (Macaroons)

Upon this posting, I am not sure if this shop is still there. Someone said that they called the Irvine Spectrum and it was closed. Another one said it was closed for renovation...so maybe it'll open again later. This was visited months ago and am now just posting. They were no longer at their larger location, but relocated to a smaller shop by the movie theater. Anyhow, here are some of their macarons.

5 Flavors
Starting from the green going clockwise...the green is pistachio, chocolate chip (I think...or something chocolaty), almond, coffee, and raspberry. These are my first macarons and they're pretty good. The outer "cookie" is light and soft but not soft like cake or cookie...it's lighter than cookies...crunchy soft if that makes any sense. I like that it's different from the traditional cake or cookie.

Pistachio and Almond in front
The paste inside, however, was kind of sweet to me. It really depends on the flavor you get. Pistachio wasn't too sweet to me, but the rest kind of were. I'm not hooked on these but I hear that these (in France) are not really too sweet and that people that aren't fond of sweets actually really like these. So I will try them from other shops and see if I can find ones I really like. =)

Le Napoleon Cafe
http://www.lenapoleoncafe.com/index.html
The Irvine Spectrum
83 Fortune Drive, Suite 219
Irvine, CA
(949) 788-0904

No comments:

Post a Comment