Friday, September 2, 2011

Fukada 2 Go - Irvine, CA : Vegetarian Plate

Nestled among the newer condos off of Jamboree and Scholarship (between Dupont and Campus) is Fukada 2 Go. This place is a smaller "faster" version of Fukada Restaurant. Haven't been to Fukada Restaurant yet, but I've heard good things and when I do go, I will definitely write about that too.

Tofu Burger Bento
When I go to Japanese places, I usually have the vegetable roll or salad...those type of things. I can never have a bento box because there isn't one for vegetarians...unless maybe if you only want fried tempura in it (which I don't). So here, I got the Tofu Burger Bento box. My very first one! They also have the option of organic brown rice...which I love and greatly appreciate. Thank you for making healthier options for some of us! The brown rice was excellent...soft and not too dry or too soggy. The tofu burger has bits of carrots and I think egg in it to keep it together. It's pretty soft but still tasty with the teriyaki sauce I chose. You can also choose ponzu sauce. The green beans with sesame sauce and hijiki (sea vegetable) were both cold but good. It's the first time I've had it so I'm not sure if it's normally a cold side dish or not...but it's good either way. The sauce used in both dishes was a sweet sauce...kind of like a sweet teriyaki...and made it taste good. I like the simplicity of the food, but it was all still good. (Have I used the word good enough yet?) We'll be back for more! There is tofu salad and vegetable rolls too of course. =)

And just in case you're wondering and you're not a vegetarian:
Udon Noodles
The Meat-eater had a combo of udon noodles (I don't remember what kind these were).

Spicy Tuna Don
And a Spicy Tuna Donburi bowl. Apparently for the price, these were also very yummy. 

Fukada 2 Go
http://fukada2go.com/home_eng.html
6200 Scholarship
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 756-0810

No comments:

Post a Comment