Sunday, August 14, 2011

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse : Veggie Burger

So I don't usually go to BJ's but they do have a variety of food and beer. For vegetarians you can get pizza (they're known for their deep dish and they now have whole wheat), pasta, giant potatoes, veggie burgers, salads...you get the picture.

BJ's Handcrafted Root Beer
For a beverage I usually get their Handcrafted Root Beer. It is so good. They use beet sugar instead of plain white sugar, and it just tastes better. It is sweet...but it's not the sweet that bothers me for some reason. And of course...free refills! Yay! *gulp* *gulp* *gulp*

Side Salad
I ordered the veggie burger and substituted the fries with a spring salad. They brought this out before the burger. So it's mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, and croutons. I'm glad they have mixed greens. So many restaurants offer you their house salad with just plain lettuce as their green. =P So this part is pretty healthy.

Veggie Burger
My veggie burger came on a wheat bun (I asked for that or else it's plain white) with lettuce tomatoes and pickles. The menu says it comes with red onions, but mine didn't, which is fine because I would have removed them anyway. I consider this semi-healthy because the patty is processed and the lettuce is just iceberg lettuce...but it's on a wheat bun and the spring salad before makes this a semi-healthy meal. I added ketchup onto the burger for flavor. I would say it's a simple burger. Nothing fancy, not terrible tasting, but not great either. It's good for sustenance and it doesn't taste bad....which is why I don't usually like to come here. I mean yes there is food for vegetarians, but it's not really good. The pasta isn't great either (to me) and I don't like deep dish pizza...so it pretty much doesn't suit my taste. On the occasion that a vegetarian does come here with their meat eater friends...there are options...I'm just saying it's ok food (in my opinion). The Meat-eater doesn't think their food is that great either. Some people say Naples is expensive, but if you come here it's similar pricing and I think Naples is better quality food...in my opinion anyway.

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/
Location this was consumed:
13130 Jamboree Road
Irvine, CA 92602
(714) 665-8595

No comments:

Post a Comment