Thursday, August 11, 2011

Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria - Anaheim, CA

Pizza is one of my favorite foods. I used to love New York style (since I grew up in New York), but I can't find good NY style pizza here in Orange County. Also my tastes have changed and I do find it kind of greasy now. However, I do enjoy a good thin crust pizza once in a while. The closest one I found to NY style was Slice of New York Pizza in Seal Beach. Here is their Yelp review. But that's not what I'm writing about. The other pizza place I like is Naples Ristorante in Downtown Disney, Neopolitan style pizza.

Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria Exterior
If you're walking through Downtown Disney and want pizza, look for this sign. They do have a Napolini next door which is smaller but I think it's similar food. I've never actually been there so I'm not completely sure...just what I've heard.

Free Starter Bread
Before your meal begins, they will bring you some free bread. I don't love bread, but I do like this one. The holes show that this is an airier bread...which I like. You dip it in olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar (not pictured).

Traditional Italian Soda (Strawberry)
One time I had to try their Traditional Italian Soda. It's just seltzer water with your choice of either strawberry, chocolate milano, or french vanilla flavor with a bit of cream on top. I tried it before I mixed the cream and after. Both were good....light soda...not too sugary. Too bad it isn't free refills though. =( But I liked this...both ways were good.

Insalata della Casa
We started off with some house salad consisting of mixed field greens, house dressing, and tomatoes. The dressing was very light flavor...like an oil and vinegar type dressing. This is the healthy part of the meal. Some people may not like this because you can taste the natural bitterness in some of the greens.

Margherita
My favorite...plain cheese Margherita pizza. To me, it's the best way to tell if a pizza is good. You can taste the tomato sauce, cheese, and dough better this way. This pizza is very light in flavor and not too greasy. I noticed that the Yelp reviews weren't very high and many people said the food tasted bland...so it depends on your own taste buds. If you like a lighter flavor like myself, then you may think this is good. I don't like a salty cheese...and this mozzarella isn't. So for me this is one of my favorite pizzas. The dough itself is a good chewy consistency, but not tasty (salty) so maybe this is also where people feel it makes the food bland. The pizza pictured on top is from a month ago and the bottom one from a few months ago. Notice that the bottom pizza is not as well done...but it still tastes pretty darn good to me. So with any food, it depends on the chef, the day and time you go, your mood...all these factors change the outcome of your food and how you may feel about it.

Tiramisu
So we don't often get dessert but we made room this time. We tried their tiramisu which consisted of mascarpone cream, espresso coffee, cocoa, and whipped cream on the side. Let me just say I may not be the best judge of this because these types of desserts are not my favorite....but I think it was too sweet for my taste. We'll just end that there. =)

Americana
So these next two are not vegetarian...but thought I'd write about it since I usually go with meat-eaters anyway...so maybe you're a meat-eater or your friend might want to know. The Meat-eater said the Americana had too much stuff on it and it fell apart more easily because it was too much weight/stuff for the thin crust. The taste was ok, but it seemed to defeat the purpose of eating a thin crust pizza. Maybe that's why it's called Americana....the Americanized version of it. =D

Prosciutto and Arugula
The Meat-eater said this was good, but I don't see this on the menu anywhere. Looks like the Prosciutto e Melone without the melon and on red sauce instead of white. Fresh Parmesan was grated on top at the table.

So if you like thin crust pizzas and you prefer to eat lighter flavored food, then try Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria. I haven't ever tried the pastas though, only the pizza. They import their Caputo flour from Italy! =)

Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=43
1550 Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 776-6200 (For reservations)
Sun-Thurs: 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM - 11:00PM

No comments:

Post a Comment