Friday, August 19, 2011

OC Fair 2011 - Orange County Fairgrounds, Costa Mesa, CA

So as a vegetarian that's trying to be kind of healthy, I ate something before I went to the OC Fair. There are the options of pizza and fried vegetables, but I didn't really want to eat that. I just had a couple of snacks along the way.

BBQ Corn
This corn was yummy, sweet and good for me plain like this. It's barbecued out in the open, not roasted in its husk. Both varieties are good. If the corn is good, it's nice and sweet...yum.

Fruit and Pretzel Mix (with Chocolate)
Now I didn't eat these, but they looked so good. Wasn't hungry enough to eat a plate of fruit, pretzels and chocolate.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
On the bottom shelf were plates of chocolate covered strawberries....yum...nom nom nom. Oh, I didn't eat these either. Instead I took pictures of the above food while waiting for...

Strawberry Banana Smoothie
My strawberry banana smoothie. This was good. Yummmm! All these fruits were at this fruit stand with caramel apples and chocolate strawberries and all things fruit. This was my favorite stand because I love fruit! Good smoothie...better than any chain smoothie place I've been at.

Funnel Cake
Last thing on this blog is funnel cake! Well I didn't eat this either, The Meat-eater did. If I were to pick something fried, I would've tried the Australian potatoes...those looked good...and heard they were good too. And something I was curious about would've been the fried Klondike bar. How to do that? Although I've tried Tempura Ice-Cream so...it's probably similar. Either way...oh so bad for you so I stayed away. Fried foods no longer sit too well in my tummy. (Well a little is ok.) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment