Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jazz Cat Fusion Shabu - City of Industry, CA

This weekend we went to try another shabu shabu hot pot place near Rowland Heights. This place just opened in May. The original restaurant is in San Gabriel. We went a bit early…around 6PM on Saturday so that we didn’t have to wait in line.

Wall Art
A jazzy cat greets you upon entry.

Jazz Cat Interior
There are tall booths so you get a sense of privacy. The cooking ranges are not gas but electric. Notice the black ornamental decorations over stainless steel above your head?  Those are range hoods that suck up moisture, smell, and everything emitted from cooking after you’ve completed your meal.

Veggie Plate
So of course I got the veggie plate. It includes tofu, broccoli, three types of mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, squash, enoki (also a mushroom), baby bok choy, celery, napa cabbage, and there are a ton of cellophane noodles on the bottom. You pick your broth and it also comes with a bowl of rice and your choice of sauce which are not pictured. There was a lot of food…more so than at Ayame Shabu Shabu in Irvine and it’s less expensive too. But I thought the quality of veggies of Ayame was better. You can notice some browning on the squash and some of the mushrooms. Sorry, the lighting affected the colors of the veggies in this picture…it was a bit on the dim side.

Simmering Veggies
The pots used here are a wider shallower type. They can add broth/water for you if you’re getting low. Notice I still have a tons of veggies…I just eat really really slow. =)  You have more choices of broths and sauces here if you’re a meat eater. Yes the meat-eater liked this place too…so you can all go together and not worry about mixing your veggies with the meat. There was so much food though…I could not finish every single thing…and I didn’t even touch my rice. 



Jazz Cat Exterior
When we left at around 7:15PM or so…there were people waiting to be seated. So if you don’t wanna wait…get there earlier! All in all it’s a pretty good place. Can’t really go wrong when you cook your own food and add your own flavors and the boiling of food is also healthier. Eating hot pot/shabu shabu is fun (to me)!

Jazz Cat Fusion Shabu
18588 Gale Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748
(626)581-8588
Couldn’t find a website for them, but they’re on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I randomly stumbled on your blog. I was just here tonight with some friends and I had the same exact veggie plate you did. Although mine did not come with broccoli. Your booth looks almost exactly like ours where everyone was a meat-eater.

    Anyhow, I have a blog as well and I pretty much blog about my 90-day vegetarian challenge that i'm doing. I blogged about having dinner at Jazz Cat tonight LOL. Originally I blogged about food that I cook but i left it vacant for awhile until now. check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, we almost went there last weekend!
    ended up going to ajisen ramen instead because it didn't open until 12 and we were on a tight schedule. love your food posts! hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete