Thursday, April 7, 2011

Maggiano's Little Italy - Costa Mesa, CA : Eggplant Parmesan

There are a few basic types of places that a vegetarian can dine at. Italian food is one of them. I haven't been to an Italian place where I couldn't find something to eat yet. Pasta and marinara is something simple and usually available no matter which Italian restaurant you visit. I remember Maggiano's being good...but haven't been back in a while. This is my first pic of food. It was also taken before I figured out the indoor light setting on the camera so the picture is a bit dark.

Eggplant Parmesan

The eggplant is sliced and breaded and then pan fried with provolone cheese layered in between and marinara sauce on top. If you order any classic pasta dish from there, they give you a take home box of any other (or the same) classic pasta dish on the menu. Pretty cool huh? You can eat this and have another full meal for later. I did not remember them having this a few years back. I think it's a great money saving deal! I got the same dish but should have gotten something different. The pan fried eggplant and all that cheese is pretty heavy for me and I couldn't eat a whole lot of it. Waay too much food. Should have had their Four Cheese Ravioli or Spaghetti Marinara. All in all it's pretty darn good.

Maggiano's Little Italy
The location of this meal was at:
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
714-546-9550

No comments:

Post a Comment