Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crepes de Paris - Irvine, CA : Caramel Crepe

I have been around crepes for the longest time but never had an urge to try them. While others around me ate them with glee and asked me if I wanted to try some...I never felt the inclination. I'm not really into cakes, cookies...you know those types of sweets but I do enjoy the occasional treat if made to my liking. I don't like the super sweet heavy desserts (except a good cheesecake). I like the light fluffy airy desserts. I once had cake in Japan and it was delicious. Perhaps if I grew up on Japanese cake I would love cake. Anyway I digress. Below is the crepe I tried.

Caramel Crepe

This wasn't on their regular menu. I think it was a special item. The crepe was soft...like a really thin pancake. Yup, just like Ricky Bobby said. I don't like the doughy-ness of pancakes...so this was much better. However I think I should try a different flavor as the caramel is really really sweet. This was a good start to getting an idea of what a crepe tastes like. I shall hunt down other places and try their crepes out. There's so much you can do with crepes...as a meal and as a dessert.

Coffee

Root Beer Float

Had some coffee and a root beer float with the crepe. Hmm...maybe the root beer float made everything really really sweet? Not the greatest idea. Heh heh. This meal is obviously considered not so healthy. It is an indulgence of sugar on sugar.

Crepes de Paris

The location this crepe was eaten at:
Diamond Jamboree Center
2700 Alton Parkway, Suite 125
Irvine, CA 92606
949-727-2096
Mon - Thurs 8AM - 10PM
Fri - Sun 8AM - 11PM

No comments:

Post a Comment