Monday, June 27, 2011

85 Degrees Celsius Bakery Cafe - Irvine, CA : Slice Cakes

Every time I've stopped by this area during mealtime on weekends and weekdays, there is always a long line for the bread. When the lines aren't long, I've heard that not all the breads are in stock. So there is a down side either way...long lines or lack of items. There is a separate line for the cakes and drinks...and sometimes it is long but other times it's pretty short. Lucky for me I'm not really interested in bread or cake...but if the cake is good...I will gobble it up. So one day we did get a few slices of cakes to try.

Four Cakes
We each picked a cake. From the top is black forest, mango cheesecake, strawberry tiramisu, and cream cheesecake. The picture above is what it looks like when you undo the box from the top. The box just opens all the way and becomes flat...so no troubles getting the cakes out.

Cream Cheesecake
Cream cheesecake was good in my opinion. Not as sweet as say...Cheesecake Factory, but it is just a regular cheesecake. I like that it's not too sweet. Notice there is no graham cracker crust...that might be why it's not too sweet.

Black Forest
If you like chocolate cake then maybe you can try this one. I have no opinion because I don't like chocolate and didn't try this.

Mango Cheesecake
If you don't like things too sweet and kind of like sour, then this cheesecake is for you. It's slightly tangy/sour...I think due to the mango. The crust sweetens it up a bit so there is a balance of tangy and then sweet at the same time.

Strawberry Tiramisu
I like strawberries so chose this instead of the classic tiramisu. The cake is basically like tiramisu but they use strawberry mousse instead. I did like my cake the best. =) It's not too sweet, but it is still sweet. The cake didn't seem too heavy and the strawberry mousse had really good strawberry flavor without it being too creamy.

So if you're not a bread person like myself, maybe try a cake...or a beverage. They're pretty good too. From what I read here, I guess they're going to open a second shop in Hacienda Heights.

Update: Grand opening in Hacienda Heights August 13, 2011
17170 Colima Road #A,
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
(626) 839-7889

85 Degrees Celsius Bakery Cafe
http://www.85cafe.us/
Diamond Jamboree Shopping Center
2700 Alton Parkway, Suite 123
Irvine, CA 92606
(949)553-8585

No comments:

Post a Comment