Wednesday, August 3, 2011

JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery - Tustin, CA : Veggie Burger with Sweet Potato Fries

Although there are not too many vegetarian choices here, there is the veggie burger (that is showing up on most menus I see). The other choice is some type of salad without the meat. American style restaurants are not my favorite type of food because of the lack of options for vegetarians. At least I have something to eat though. On this day I flipped a coin and got the veggie burger. Ok no I didn't, but I really only had two choices.

Free Bread
The last time I visited this place was several month ago and we got free bread. Last week however, no free bread. =(  Ok, I don't like bread that much, but I do like that flat thin crispy bread on the left....yummy! Hopefully the waitress just messed up...or is there really no more free bread? Economy?

Veggie Burger with Sweet Potato Fries
The veggie burger comes with arugula, feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, hummus, and the veggie burger on a wheat bun. That doesn't sound too bad right? It's very filling....I can never finish the whole thing. I usually pre-cut the burger and only eat half of it. The taste is pretty good I think. I don't think you can really mess up a veggie burger too much...but the arugula, feta cheese, and hummus make it a bit "fancier" than just a plain old lettuce, tomato, and cheese veggie burger. I also like sweet potato fries as opposed to regular fries. I know there's word that it's a bit healthier than regular fries...but let's face it...fried food is ALL bad for you...so you still have to eat in moderation. So for a "fancier" veggie burger...JT Schmid's has one!

JT Schmid's Restaurant & Brewery
http://jtschmidsrestaurants.com/
Location food was consumed:
The District at Tustin Legacy
2415 Park Ave.
Tustin, CA 92782
(714) 258-0333
Mon-Thur: 11AM - 10PM (Food ends 10PM) or later
Fri & Sat: 11AM - 12AM (Food ends 11:30PM) or later
Sun: 11AM - 9PM (Food ends 9PM) or later

No comments:

Post a Comment