Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mitsuwa Marketplace - Costa Mesa, CA - Sky Express

It seems to defeat the purpose to go to Mitsuwa...known for Japanese items and food...and have Chinese food. But as a vegetarian...there really are no good options at the food court. You can go into the market and buy their prepackaged sushi (there are some vegetarian ones)....or you can go to Sky Express and have some Soy Sauce Noodles.

Soy Sauce Noodles from Sky Express in Mitsuwa
It's a very simple dish containing mostly thin egg noodles, bean sprouts, carrots, green onions, onions, and some cabbage.  While it's okay to eat once in a while...it's food court Chinese food so...not the best...but not the worst. Just as you'd expect for food court food.

Sky Express Soy Sauce Noodles, Egg Drop Soup, and Boba Milk Tea
It also comes with soup (egg drop) and I also got a boba milk tea. I'm not too sure what the broth is in the soup, but it didn't taste "meaty" so I drank it. Usually if there's a strong scent I do not drink it...but egg drop soup is usually "scentless" to me. Yes sometimes it is difficult to find food and you just go with your nose and tastes. I usually just ask if there's any meat in it. If they say no then I try it and when I can taste something funny, I spit it out. If I find out later that I ate something with meat juice in it, then I just won't get it again...but it's not like I intended to eat the contaminated food, so why worry so much? Simple as that. Now if someone (say a friend) intentionally lied to you to get you to eat something with meat in it...well they wouldn't be very good friends now would they? ;-)

Mitsuwa Marketplace
http://www.mitsuwa.com/tenant/eindex.html
Costa Mesa Store
665 Paularino Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
714-557-6699
Food places open daily from 11AM - 7:30PM

No comments:

Post a Comment