Thursday, July 7, 2011

Homemade French Toast

Got some whole wheat bread that I thought would turn out good as french toast...so I gave it a try. We like Alton Brown's French Toast Recipe. It may have some additional steps such as heating it in the oven after you cook it...but it cooks all the way through and is not soggy or dough-y this way. Way better than some restaurant french toast we've had...because we don't like soggy or dough-y. The Meat-eater likes this breakfast!

French Toast with MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties
I didn't have any half and half so I used what we had (soy milk) instead. The taste was still pretty good...maybe not as custard-like as if using half and half. Also the recipe calls for 1/2 inch thick bread...and these were 1 inch thick...so the bread to custard ratio was smaller...therefore tasting less custard-y. I ate mine without powdered sugar...but you can top it however you like. The Meat-eater also likes the MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties. I had another meat-eater friend say they liked these too. So maybe this can be a breakfast the vegetarian and meat-eater can eat together. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment