Friday, July 8, 2011

Cream Pan - Tustin, CA : Pastries

This is my new indulgence. Everything I've tried so far is good. In and effort to eat healthier I've minimized my white flour consumption to pizza, sourdough bread....the occasional eating out when there's no whole wheat/non-white option such as baked goods (I usually try to make a whole wheat version at home instead). But this place has me coming back for more...I can't help myself!!! They have breads, cookies, and all sorts of baked goodies. They also make good sandwiches too...but I've only got a few sweets in this post. I haven't tried their cookies either...but I did get their whole wheat bread and it is light and fluffy and delicious. It does make me wonder if it's part whole wheat and part bread flour...but they labeled it as whole wheat....so I don't know...but it sure tastes good. That's what I used to make the french toast.

Strawberry Banana Croissant
First thing I tried was the Strawberry Banana Croissant. I like it's long shape because there is a flaky crispy edge in every bite...unless you take really small bites. There is a thin layer of chocolate below the bananas though...so for those that don't like chocolate...be forewarned. It's strawberries on top of bananas on top of their cream (excellent) over a thin layer of chocolate on their flaky crispy croissant bread. You can see the flaky layers really well in this picture. So so good!

Blueberry Danish
I only had a bite of this, but it was also delicious. I think their cream really does make all their dishes so yummy. Hence the name Cream Pan huh? The cream is not overly sweet, overly creamy....they got it just right. You can see the flaky layers in this picture too.

Strawberry Croissant
One of their signature dishes is their Strawberry Croissant. They have the mini ones and regular sized ones. I'm liking the mini ones because there are more crispy edges in proportion to the amount of bites you have to take to eat it...or so it seems. This one is obviously very yummy too! We just grab a box of these now whenever we stop by. =)

Cream Pan
602 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 665-8239
Closed on Mondays
Tues - Sun 7AM - 4PM

No comments:

Post a Comment