Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Loving Hut - Orange, CA : Pho

As a vegetarian I have never tried pho because its broth is meat based. So for the first time at Loving Hut, I was able to try pho. There are a chain of these vegan restaurants across the US and each location's menu is different. There's a combination of Asian and American items on the menu so there's plenty of choices for everyone.

Loving Hut Vegan Pho
This soup noodle consists of rice noodles, soy ham, mushrooms, onions, scallions and wood ear (and if there's anything else in the soup I don't remember) with a side of bean sprouts and basil. To be honest, the aroma from the soup was something I hadn't smelled before and it was different for me. But after a few bites, it seems like my taste buds adjusted and everything was gelling together. Since I've never had any other version I don't know if this is "supposed" to be what it tastes like...but for me it was pretty good. No strong flavors...everything blended nicely. There was so much noodles though...I couldn't finish it all. Note to self: the rice noodles start dissolving in the soup after a while and it becomes cloudier later on...so eat ASAP.

Loving Hut Orange
http://lovinghut.us/orange/
237 S. Tustin Street
Orange, CA 92866
(714)464-0544
Mon-Thurs 11AM - 3PM, 5PM - 8:30PM (Closed from 3PM - 5PM)
Fri - Sat 11AM - 8:30PM
Closed Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment