Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Coconut - with coconut water

What's a cool refreshing drink? Coconut water....fresh from the coconut...not from the can/juice box. I must say it was a tad weird to me at first because it's nothing like the coconut water from the can/box. It has its own slight flavor.

Coconut Water
These came individually wrapped at the Asian store. Pssst...if you buy these at the Asian stores, they're a tad cheaper than a health food store. (I started to unwrap it before I took the above picture.)

Coconut Water
The previous coconuts I've had had all the white stuff all over it...so it was much bigger than the picture above. This one seems to be all shaved except for the top.

Coconut Water
So all you do is cut off the pointy top and poke a hole in the "softer" area. I must say, I usually poke it a few times until I find the soft spot. I'm not good at telling where it is. I like to use the bigger end of a metal chopstick since it's similar to the size of the straw. Then I wriggle it around to make the hole bigger.  Insert a straw afterwards and enjoy. I think refrigerated ones tastes a bit better. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment