Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pizzeria Ortica - Costa Mesa, CA

On the lookout for good Neapolitan pizza, we headed to Pizzeria Ortica before a show at Segerstrom. There's a lot of good places to eat around South Coast Plaza and this is no exception.

High Ceilings
The interior has super high ceilings...me likes. You know, better air circulation and all.

Tricolore
Starting off with the Tricolore salad. There's radicchio, arugula, a little bit of endive, apple slices, Gorgonzola cheese, and candied walnuts. Very good combo! Yum!

Margherita Pizza
My go to pizza is plain cheese. I don't like stuff on my pizza. For me, a true test of good pizza is their plain cheese. Tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. The dough was chewy and crunchy. It was very flavorful. Actually I think these pizzas were made to have toppings because it was really salty for me. So I think if you had toppings, it would probably disperse the salt better.

Margherita Slice
Leftover slice pizza...still good. (Also better lighting.)

Prosciutto di Parma e rucola
So this is not vegetarian, but what the Meat-eater had. Apparently the Prosciutto di Parma e rucola was very good. Also with what I believe about toppings, such as the arugula, the flavor is then just right, which is probably what his pizza did.

In any case, good crust! Maybe try a pizza that's not plain cheese. Too bad since that's my favorite.

Pizzeria Ortica
650 Anton Boulevard, Unit J
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
714-445-4900

No comments:

Post a Comment