Friday, October 28, 2011

Hiro Sushi - Scottsdale, AZ : The Usual Veggie Items

Although this post is about a place in Scottsdale, AZ, I am not there right now. One of my many posts that will be from pics taken eons ago. When I was out in the Phoenix area, I would frequent Hiro Sushi as my go to sushi place. No offense, but there really isn't a whole lot of good sushi out in AZ...according to The Meat-eater. Maybe because it's not next to the ocean and is a freakin' desert. I just eat the same things, egg, inari, veggie roll....so long as the rice is good and ingredients fresh, I am ok! Some sushi places we visited didn't have Japanese chefs. We like the authentic Japanese chefs here. =) Their sashimi is pretty good according to The Meat-eater...which is what he looks for in a good sushi place. There was only one time we went where the rice was dried out. That was kind of a freak of nature. We went back a while later and all was good again. Wonder what happened that night?

Tamago (Egg) in front
At sushi places, I get my usual vegetarian items. Up front is the egg or tamago. Quite good.

Inari Sushi
In the middle of the plate is Inari Sushi...basically sushi rice in a seasoned tofu pocket.

Vegetable Roll
And last but not least is the veggie roll. This is usually available at all sushi places now. I know they have cucumber rolls and avocado rolls, but I like the vegetable roll because I can eat all kinds of veggies instead of just the one kind. Besides carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, and avocado...there's oshinko. Oshinko is pickled daikon, which is the yellow part in the roll.

Green Tea Ice-Cream
For dessert, I love green tea ice-cream! They also have red bean. Your choice. All very good to me. Yum yum.

Hiro Sushi
http://www.hirosushiaz.com/
9393 N 90th St.. Ranch Center #116
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(480) 314-4215

No comments:

Post a Comment