Thursday, September 27, 2012

Homemade French Baguettes

Usually I find homemade items are better because you know the ingredients you put in, and it's fresher. Here I've tried a french baguette recipe from artisanbreadbaking.com

Ready for the oven
Baguettes may be one of the simplest recipes to put together, but takes a lot of time to make/perfect. I liked this website because of the detailed explanation of everything (great for a beginner like myself). It explains the different methods, poolish, biga, and hydration. Too much information for me to put here.

In the oven with slash marks done
I only used the half recipe because I didn't think we could eat that many baguettes and I didn't want to give them to anyone in case they didn't turn out right.

Done! Cooling on the rack
Lo and behold...done! Not too shabby. Nice and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The downside is, you have to eat these right away or they won't taste as good. You can't beat the straight out of the oven taste. Yum.

Recipe from Artisan Bread Baking
http://artisanbreadbaking.com/bread/french_baguettes/

No comments:

Post a Comment