Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ecco Pizzeria & Bar - Costa Mesa, CA : Margherita Pizza

There is a backlog of food that I have not gone through, and it seems to get further and further behind because I would rather post about newer items. But here is one that I definitely have to blog about (even if it is old) because it is quite good. Ecco is located in the anti-mall area of The Camp.

Starter Bread
Our bread looks a bit burnt, but it wasn't bad.

Salad
I had this salad that doesn't seem to be on the menu any longer. It was quite good for my taste. Light and not too oily.

Margherita Pizza
What I always try...their plain pizzas. Margherita pizza is my favorite. Thin crusts rule for me since I don't like dough. Their dough was good. Nice, thin and chewy. I did think this pizza was too salty (same as other pizza places). Perhaps they use the same formula throughout all their pizzas, and their other pizzas have more items on it so it seems less salty. Whereas the plain cheese has nothing to cut the salt? I don't know. I always think these are salty for some reason. Everyone has a different palate, can't satisfy everyone. The meat-eater did like his meat pizza though....didn't think it was salty. Besides the saltiness, everything else was good. Perhaps it's changed by now.

Ecco
http://www.eccopizza.com/
2937 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
714-444-ECCO (3226)

No comments:

Post a Comment