Monday, May 14, 2012

Mochilato - Irvine, CA

A nice warm day is the best time to have some ice-cream. Mochilato is basically a combination of mochi (glutinous rice desert) and gelato. I don't care much for mochi. I've had mochi ice-cream which is very good, but I prefer plain ice-cream...or in this case gelato. Good gelato is hard to come by here in the United States so I wanted to give it a try.

Raspberry
The raspberry was very fruity, pretty much like a sorbet. Not exactly creamy or chewy like a gelato should be.

Stracciatella
Stracciatella was also just ok. Both flavors were nothing impressive. They did not taste like gelato at all. Seems like it's been in the freezer a while and just tastes like plain ice-cream. Nothing special. Not worth it to me. Perhaps their mochi ice-creams are what you should get. For me, if you can't get the ice-cream right, then it's not worth it. Thumbs down for me in regards to flavor, texture, and price.

Mochilato
14310 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92604
949-559-1116


No comments:

Post a Comment