Monday, February 13, 2012

Irvine Farmers Market at University Town Center

For the past two weekends I've been visiting the Irvine Farmers Market at University Town Center. It's located on the corner of Campus and Bridge and runs from about 8am to noon...but usually goes past noon since there's tons of people.

Irvine Farmers Market on Saturdays
I'm hooked! I'm going back every week for my goodies! There's lots to choose from and most items are fresh. Now you do have to look around and ask around. Not everything is organic. Others don't spray pesticides or chemicals, but their fertilizer isn't organic...so you don't know what's in that. The certified organic products are definitely organic though, so those are a safe choice. Prices are comparable to Whole Foods...or less...but these items are generally fresher. Here are some pics of my haul.

Organic Baby Chinese Veggie
These were from a stand with lots of Taiwanese veggies...all organic! I think they're the only ones I've found. They don't have this stuff anywhere! Now, the price isn't cheap, but they usually count downwards. For example, if it comes out to $2.15, they say it's $2 even.

Brussels Sprouts
These are not organic...just no pesticides or chemicals. Their fertilizer isn't organic. They're quite tasty though...slightly sweet.

Organic Snow Peas
These are sweet too..yum. Plus, I can't find these organic in the markets either!


Organic Strawberries
I kept smelling sweet strawberries and I had to have some. Though they're not as sweet as anticipated...I think I'll wait a few weeks to get another batch since they're just coming into season.

There were many items I purchased not listed above...so many things to get. I'll have to update when I get them again since I didn't snap pictures of it all. Also, many stands I've been to discount the items. When they weigh the goodies, they'll round it down to the closest dollar. Pretty cool! Can't do that at a conventional market.

Irvine Farmers Market at University Town Center
Campus & Bridge
(Next to the the In & Out)
Saturdays from 8am to noon.
Get there early because parking gets tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment