Friday, February 17, 2012

Cosi - Costa Mesa, CA : TBM Melt

Going through Metro Pointe, we usually stop by Boudin to have a quick meal. This time however, we wanted to eat during the peak lunch hour and ran into tons of people, with no place to sit. So we decided to try something new...Cosi.

TBM Melt with carrots
The tomato, basil, mozzarella sandwich looked good on the menu. It came on wheat bread as well and you can have it warm or cold. Warm = melt. Cold = sandwich. You can either have chips or carrots on the side.

TBM on Wheat Bread
In this close-up you can see some grains in the bread...I guess that's considered wheat. I was thinking more whole wheat...but I guess some wheat equals wheat bread. It's still a white color! =( The melt itself was ok...nothing great though. I would rate this below Corner Bakery. The Meat-Eater didn't care for his salad and sandwich too much either. He got the side of chips and he didn't even want to eat them. I tried one and thought the chips were too salty.

Salt Granules on Wheat Bread
Sometimes tasting a bunch of salt in my sandwich, I took a closer look and found tons of salt granules on my bread. This picture was taken after I tried to brush as much of it off as I could. But you can still see some stuck on the bread. We will probably not be coming back here. The food was mediocre at best and not very healthy. It looked like they were trying to be healthier...but I think it's a mask. Not a good place to eat in my opinion. =P

Cosi
901 S Coast Dr.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714)957-6191

No comments:

Post a Comment