Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thai Bamboo Bistro - Tustin, CA : Vegetable Pad Thai

There's this little Thai food place right next to JT Schmid's at The District that I've always wanted to try. It's got pretty nice decor and the place isn't huge at all. I'm kind of scared of hole in the wall places because it's either a hit or a complete miss. This place isn't a hole in the wall. It's at The District so its food probably caters to a wider audience. Lo and behold yes there were Asians and non-Asians alike in the restaurant. (Usually an indicator of how "Americanized" a place is is how many Asians vs. non-Asians are eating.)

Vegetable Pad Thai
There are some vegetarian options. Woo hoo! Usually I just get the Pad Thai noodles because it's not too greasy and it's kind of a signature dish, right? This dish was not too shabby. It's a little sour and sweet...maybe a tad more on the sour side. There's tofu, sprouts, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, snap peas, peanuts, and egg. They did ask if egg was okay, so maybe without the egg, it could be vegan? But I don't know if there's egg in the noodles. In any case...I liked my noodles. I wouldn't say they were the most AWESOME Pad Thai noodles I've ever had, but it wasn't bad. So I would say they're slightly above average in my opinion. But I'm no Pad Thai expert...it's just my opinion. ;-)

Thai Bamboo Bistro
http://www.thaibamboobistro.com/ (lots of links don't work, but you can see the menu)
The District at Tustin Legacy
2417 Park Ave
Tustin, CA 92782
(714) 259-0688

No comments:

Post a Comment