Friday, February 18, 2011

Boudin SF - Irvine, CA : Tomato Soup and Spring Salad

Highly recommended.

Known for their sourdough bread, Boudin originated in San Francisco. Sourdough is my favorite bread and is pretty much the only "white" bread I will eat. I've heard from people that have eaten at a Boudin in San Fran that the bread there had a more sour flavor than the ones eaten in Orange County. So in case you wanted a really sour bread...this is not it. But I do believe it is more sour than...say a year ago...or my taste buds are changing. Either way I come here for my favorite soup and salad combo.

Tomato Soup and Spring Salad

You can get the soup in a sourdough bread bowl instead of what is pictured above. I believe without the bread bowl you get more soup and you still get a bread roll. Simple meal with good flavors...and it's not too bad health wise either.

There is the Boudin Bakery & Cafe and Boudin SF in Orange County. The Boudin SF has a larger menu with options for all three meals of the day. (I will share breakfast from here with you in another post.)

Boudin Bakery

The location this meal was eaten at:
Main and Jamboree
Boudin SF
2803 Main Street, Space A
Irvine, CA 92614
949-222-9111
Mon-Thur: 7am - 8:30pm
Fri: 7am - 9pm
Sat: 8am - 9pm
Sun: 8am - 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment